Salty MuffinsSobre Dulce y Salado
Who says muffins have to be sweet? These Salty Muffins certainly prove that savory can be just as tasty as sweet. Delicious hot or cold, these muffins make a great snack when you are on the go, hiking, or are planning a picnic. A hidden pesto and cherry tomato layer runs through the middle of these savory muffins baked over with mozzarella cheese. Suspended throughout the dough are pieces of bacon and sun-dried tomato making each bite a fun surprise.
- 75 grams butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams white flour
- 1 package yeast
- 2 eggs
- 125 milliliters beer
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 100 grams bacon (sliced into small cubes)
- 100 grams sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 15 cherry tomatoes (sliced into quarters)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese (ground)
- 1Mix the butter with the brown sugar, pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Add the white flour, yeast, eggs, and beer, and mix.
- 3Heat a skillet with a dash vegetable oil at medium flame, add the onion and bacon, and cook while stirring occasionally until the onion looks transparent.
- 4Add the onion, bacon, and sun dried tomatoes to the dough, mix, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 5Mix the garlic, vegetable oil, basil, and 2 tablespoons pesto sauce in a small bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 6Fill the muffin molds halfway with the dough, then spread the cherry tomato mixture on top.
- 7Add the remaining pesto sauce to the dough, then fill the other half of the muffin molds with it.
- 8Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each muffin and let them sit for 15 minutes.
- 9Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 10Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 11Remove them from the oven, let them cool off, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.