A perfect snack for any party. They deliver the saltiness of a potato chip, yet give your guests a delightful warm, chewy experience. Try using different types of seeds as a garnish to change the texture of this treat.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ham slices (boiled, cut into 1-cm. strips)
- cheese slices (cut into 1-cm. strips)
- cocktail sausages
- 1 egg (beaten)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the puff pastry in half.
- Place the cut ham and cheese down the center of the puff pastry. Fold the sides of the puff pastry over the stuffing to form a tube.
- Cut the tube into 2- to 3-centimeter wheels.
- On the other half of the puff pastry, spread the pate down the middle, fold over the sides to make a tube, and cut into 2- to 3-centimeter wheels.
- For the cocktail sausages, cut 2-centimeter squares of pastry and roll the sausages up in them.
- Set the pastries on a baking tray covered in parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and puffed.
Hayley M. 26 May 2015
I love these salty bites. They are like ham and cheese stuffed pretzels. You simply have got to make these for friend and family at the next get-together. They will be your friend for life. I have not tasted something so amazing in a long time.