- 12 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine (or Marsala)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 sage leaves (Fresh)
- 6 garlic cloves (4 crushed and 2 minced)
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ground pepper (Fresh)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 lemon (wholes, 1, 1 cut into wedges)
- 4 prosciutto (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat feta (Crumbled, or any cheese you want)
- Marinate steaks in 1/4 cup EVOO, 1 cup wine, crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, a few sage leaves and a little cracked fresh pepper. Set aside in the fridge for about an hour or two.
- Cover the steaks with plastic wrap and gently pound the meat with a meat mallet, as thin as you can manage without poking holes.
- Take off plastic wrap and lay on a cutting board. Cover meat with prosciutto slices and spread minced garlic, feta and sage all over. You can also use up the sage from the marinade. Now, roll like sushi and secure with butcher’s twine. Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the rolled meat in a little EVOO until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add more oil if you need to. Be sure to roll on all sides for even cooking. Transfer to a covered container and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of flour and a little more EVOO (if there’s not enough left) into the Dutch oven. Whisk for a few minutes to create a roux. Stir in the remaining wine and chicken broth, scraping all the bits in the bottom. Crank the heat to medium-high until liquid boils. Let reduce, uncovered, to almost half or until it has a sauce-like consistentcy, about 10-12 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the juice of 1/2 lemon. Re-season accordingly.
- Cut off and remove the twine on the meat roll. Using a very sharp knife, slice the roll into bite-size pinwheels and transfer to individual serving platters. Smother with reduction sauce and garnish with sage leaves and lemon wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1540Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Saltimbocca Di ManzoFoodista
Parmesan Ranch Chicken TendersRecipe Teacher
Beet Smothered SteakDiverse Dinners
Quail with Fig SauceSaveur
Lettuce-Wrapped Korean Short RibsHolland House
Grilled Tandoori ChickenThe Chic Brûlée
Emeril's Onion and Pepper Smothered Round SteakBitterYum
Marsala Marinated Skirt SteakAllRecipes
Smothered Steak SandwichesClean Eating
Grilled Steak MarsalaFood, Folks, and Fun
Roasted Tandoori ChickenThe Defined Dish
Lamb Vindaloo StewLindy Sez
Pork with Marsala SauceWilliams-Sonoma
Cranberry Marsala MarinadeFoodista
Smothered Round SteakKelli's Kitchen
Lemongrass Chicken + Tamago Banh Mi Tacos With Five Spice MayoThe Pig and Quill
Crock Pot Smothered SteakRecipes and Ramblings With The Tumbleweed Contessa
Marinated Beef Tips With Arugula SaladFood.com
Smothered Steak BurgersMyRecipes
Venezuelan Asado NegroMommy's Home Cooking
Simple Chicken With Grapes and Marsala WineThe Spruce
Oven Baked Smothered Cube SteakIntelligent Domestications
Yogurt Marinated ChickenCook for your life
Gingered Roast BeefFoodista