Salted Salmon Danish RecipeOn dine chez Nanou
When you want fish, but also want something savory and hearty, then try this Salted Salmon Danish Recipe. It takes 70 minutes to prepare so it is perfect for a Sunday formal dinner with friends or family. This recipe combines the rich, sweet flavors of salmon with aromatic spices and cottage cheese for a decadent meal. Serve with your favorite vegetable and starch side dishes for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 10 grams coarse salt
- 1/2 liter water
- 4 peppercorns
- 450 grams salmon fillets (skinless)
- canola oil
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- ground black pepper
- 1 slice black bread
- 20 grams butter
- rapeseed oil
- pea shoots
- 1Prepare the marinade by mixing salt, water, and peppercorns.
- 2Soak the salmon in the marinade for 3 hours.
- 3Remove the salmon, and wipe with paper towel.
- 4Preheat oven to 90 degrees Celsius.
- 5Coat the salmon with a thin film of canola oil, pepper, and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Wash the fennel, slice thinly with a mandolin.
- 8Wash the cucumber, and cut out small balls with a melon baller.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Mix the dill and cream cheese in order to get a green sauce, season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cut the slice of rye bread into cubes.
- 12In a skillet melt the butter, add the bread cubes, fry until browned.
- 13Place the salmon in a baking dish, decorate with the sliced fennel, cucumber balls, pea shoots, and bread cubes.
- 14Add some dill sauce, and possibly lemon.
- 15Serve with new potatoes, just boiled.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.