This recipe for Sausage with Hazelnuts Cookies takes the sweet treat and throws it on its head and turns a cookie into a rich and decadent treat. This recipe packs a lot of hearty flavors into a small hand held appetizer. The succulent sausage is paired perfectly with parmesan and ricotta cheeses, as well as hearty spices for a treat that is out of this world. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these as much as we do.
- 140 grams sausage (with hazelnuts)
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan
- 1 tablespoon ricotta
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove the casing from the sausage, then chop the sausage into small pieces. Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and butter.
- Stir in the armesan and ricotta.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add egg and sausage.
- Knead the dough well.
- Take small balls of dough and flatten them.
- Arrange the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.