- 1 cup whipped cream (heavy)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (salted)
- Measure heavy cream in to a 4-cup glass measure bowl. Add sugar; whisk until sugar is dissolved. Test for graininess by tasting a small amount of the liquid.(It should be smooth on the tongue.) Add remaining ingredients. Pour into electric freezing container. Plug in the electric freezer and let churn for 20 to 25 minutes. Pour into plastic container; drizzle caramel sauce over top; fold into ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour to harden and develop the flavor.
- Makes about makes about 1½ quarts ice cream or about 8 servings.