Salted Bread Ring - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
Here's an ingenious way to prepare a bread loaf that's already stuffed with the usual sandwich components, so all you need to do is slice and serve it as you go. The dough is prepared in a Thermomix with ease, then rolled out and topped with salami, ham, cheese, sliced hard boiled eggs, and more cheese, then it's rolled up into a long log and curled up into a crown shape (hence the recipe title). Don't be surprised if the crown doubles in volume during the initial phase of baking; that's intended and is thanks to the yeast in the dough.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 200 grams milk
- 100 grams butter
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 42 grams bakers yeast (fresh)
- 2 eggs
- 650 grams flour
- 100 grams salami
- 100 grams ham
- 100 grams gouda
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds
- mozzarella cheese (to taste)
- 1For the filling:
- 2Boil the eggs in a saucepan with salted water for 12 minutes.
- 3Dough Preparation:
- 4In the Thermomix bowl, combine the milk, butter, sugar, salt, garlic powder and dried oregano. Program for 2 minutes, temperature 37, speed 2.
- 5Add the yeast (just break it with your hands) and eggs, and stir for 10 seconds, speed 6.
- 6Add the flour, set to 3 minutes at spike speed.
- 7Allow the dough to it for at least 10 minutes.
- 8Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour.
- 9Preheat the oven to 120°F.
- 10On a floured work surface, lightly knead the dough and stretch it out.
- 11Spread out the dough to form a large rectangle.
- 12Sprinkle the dough with a little olive oil.
- 13Layer the salami, ham, and Gouda cheese on top of dough, covering completely.
- 14On top of that, spread the boiled eggs, sliced in circles, then the Mozzarella cheese.
- 15Roll the dough up lengthwise.
- 16Join the two ends so as to form a ring. Wet the ends slightly so they stick together.
- 17Place the ring on a baking sheet.
- 18Beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of milk and brush on the bread ring. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and mozzarella cheese.
- 19Make a few cuts on the dough with a serrated knife all the way around.
- 20Bake at 120°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until it doubles in size, and then increase the temperature to 360°F and bake for 25 minutes.