If you're craving Mexican food, this quick batch of cheesy, gently spicy nachos will fit the bill. And if you made Easy Shredded Chicken Breast Hack, the recipe will come together in no time. In case some members of the family only like certain toppings, feel free to serve the nachos family-style with the cilantro, jalapeño, and avocados on the side. Love things spicy? Just use the options to amp up the heat. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- 14 oz. tortilla chips
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin (optional, divided)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander (optional, divided)
- 8 oz. monterey jack cheese (shredded; or pepper jack if you'd like it spicier)
- 16 oz. salsa verde (use hot salsa if you'd like it more spicy)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño chili (sliced, optional)
- 2 avocados (pitted, peeled, and diced)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Arrange half of the tortilla chips in an even layer in the prepared sheet pan. Top with half of the chicken and sprinkle with half of the cumin and coriander, if using, then half of the cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Bake nachos until the cheese melts, 15 minutes. Top evenly with salsa verde, cilantro, jalapeño (if using), and avocados. Serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories610Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes