- 2 cups salsa
- 1 jalapeño (– chopped)
- 1 red onion (– sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (– chopped)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart button mushrooms (– sliced)
- Italian parsley (Healthy handful of fresh)
- 4 sausage links (sweet or hot, – chopped)
- olive oil (Drizzle of)
- 1 pound macaroni (your favorite)
- 1 cup tortilla chips (– crushed)
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 dash dried oregano
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 16 ounces sour cream (container of)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (– shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella (– shredded)
- grated romano cheese
- macaroni (baked)
- cheddar cheese
- crushed tomatoes
- mango salsa
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Heat a griddle and place the sliced mushrooms to grill with a drizzle of olive oil, while preparing the sauce.
- Place the sausage links in the oven to bake while preparing the sauce. When the sausage is cooked, slice.
- Heat a sauce pan with a few drizzles of olive oil. Add the onion, jalapeño and garlic; sauté until onion is softened and add the salsa and simmer on low. Add the grilled mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, parsley and sausage. Add the seasonings and simmer on low.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drizzle a little olive oil at the bottom of a baking dish. Add the cooked macaroni and toss with the olive oil. Add the sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, mozzarella, cheddar cheese and toss. Add the sauce and toss gently again. Top the macaroni with sauce, mozzarella and more grated Romano cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1190Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.