- 330 grams water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 40 grams baker's yeast (or 1 packet granulated yeast)
- 500 grams wheat flour
- sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds
- rye flakes
- Place water and salt in the bowl of a food processor and set for 2 minutes at temperature 37°C (approximately 100°F) and speed 2. Add half of the flour. Add yeast. Set for 8 seconds at speed 6. Add remaining flour and set for 2 minutes.
- Let dough rise until doubled in volume.
- Divide dough and shape into smaller balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with flour.
- For the whole grain breads, flatten dough balls and pour a tablespoon of rye flakes in the middle. Knead dough until grains are well mixed.
- Place dough balls on the tray. Allow to rise for another 30 minutes. Lightly brush tops of dough with water and sprinkle with seeds. With a knife or kitchen shears, make two shallow cuts in the shape of a cross on the surface of each dough ball. Bake in preheated oven at 220°C (approximately 425°F).