Salmorejo is not a drink, is a dip. It comes from the Andalucia region and it is served, as opposed to gazpacho, all year around.
- 750g of ripe and mellow tomatoes
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 150g of white bread
- 25cl of Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp of Sherry vinegar
- 50g of jamón ibérico de bellota
- Salt and pepper
- Start by soaking in water the bread cut in cubes without the crust.
- Squeeze the water from the bread, chop the tomatoes, cut the egg in half and blend all of the ingredients (except the ham and 1 egg) in a glass blender until you have obtain a thick and smooth texture. Taste the seasoning and rectify if necessary.
- Serve with chopped boiled egg and slices of jamón ibérico. Dip chunks of good bread and enjoy.