- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach (washed)
- 1/2 pound puff pastry
- 7 ounces cod fillet (skin removed and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 salmon fillets (skin removed, each around 4.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- mixed greens (to serve)
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sweat onion and garlic for 5 mins. Add spinach and cook for 2-3 mins until just wilted. Season then place in a colander and set aside to drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Roll out puff pastry then use to line prepared pan, making sure there is enough pastry hanging over edges of pan to cover filling.
- Combine cod with lime juice and sour cream. Season salmon with salt and sprinkle with lemon juice. Place 1 salmon fillet in the bottom of the loaf pan then top with 1/2 spinach mixture. Spread cod mixture over top then add remaining spinach and salmon fillet. Fold overhanging puff pastry over filling to cover. Chill for 30 mins.
- Once chilled, remove from pan and place on a baking tray. Discard parchment paper then brush all over with egg yolk. Sprinkle with pine nuts and bake for 45 mins. Let cool completely then serve on a platter with mixed greens.
|Calories240Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.