- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 pound beets (peeled and finely diced)
- 28 ounces lentils
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 pound cooked ham (cut into strips)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 8 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- For the beets and lentils, heat 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Sauté the beets for 10 mins, stirring. Season with salt and pepper, add the lentils and cook for 5 more mins. Season with vinegar and cumin.
- For the hame and onions, heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan and sauté the ham for 3 mins. Add the onions and cook for 2 more mins.
- Dredge the fish in flour and season it. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the fish skin side down for 2 mins. Turn and cook 2 more mins. Arrange on plates with the beets and lentils and ham and onions.