- 4 salmon fillets (without skin, 5-6 oz each)
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 3/4 cup rice
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup herbs (chopped mixed, such as chives, parsley and dill)
- Cook the salmon in a pot of boiling salted water for 5 mins; drain well. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; dissolve the bouillon cubes. Add the rice, cook for 15 mins; drain well. Stir in the chopped herbs. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat. Let stand 12 mins; drain. Cool eggs under cold water; peel and halve the eggs. Mix the spinach and the cream in bowl and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a pastry sheet on floured work surface. Place another pastry sheet alongside, overlapping the 2 edges by 1 inch. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out the double thickness of pastry (along the overlapping middle) to create one big rectangle. Carefully transfer the pastry to a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Spread the rice, spinach, salmon and hard-boiled eggs down the center of the pastry. Bring up the 2 sides to enclose the filling. Press the 2 pieces of pastry firmly together, moistening the edges. Brush the top with the egg yolk mixed in a little water. Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Bake the pastry for 30-40 mins or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 mins before slicing.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.