Salmon in Mint MarinadeLa Cocina de Babel
Featuring a fresh mint marinade, this salmon requires no baking. A sugar, salt, chervil, and mint marinade is blended together and each salmon fillet is coated in the mixture before being refrigerated for a minimum of 12 hours. The sugar and salt 'cook' the salmon as it rests, so you are not going to be eating completely raw fish. Rinse the salmon before serving and serve with fresh lemon juice.
- 100 grams salt
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 bunch mint (or basil, washed and dried)
- 1 bunch chervil (or parsley, washed and dried)
- 600 grams salmon fillets
- ground black pepper
- 1Place the salt, sugar, and herbs into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 2Place a layer of salt and sugar mix in the base of a deep dish.
- 3Arrange the salmon fillets on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 4Cover completely with the remaining salt and sugar mixture, pressing down gently into the fish.
- 5Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- 6Remove the salt and sugar mixture and rinse under cold water. Dry with paper towel.
- 7Store up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- 8Serve diced and accompanied by potato salad. Alternatively, slice very thinly and dress with lemon juice and olive oil.