Featuring a fresh mint marinade, this salmon requires no baking. A sugar, salt, chervil, and mint marinade is blended together and each salmon fillet is coated in the mixture before being refrigerated for a minimum of 12 hours. The sugar and salt 'cook' the salmon as it rests, so you are not going to be eating completely raw fish. Rinse the salmon before serving and serve with fresh lemon juice.
- 100 grams salt
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 bunch mint (or basil, washed and dried)
- 1 bunch chervil (or parsley, washed and dried)
- 600 grams salmon fillets
- ground black pepper
- Place the salt, sugar, and herbs into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place a layer of salt and sugar mix in the base of a deep dish.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover completely with the remaining salt and sugar mixture, pressing down gently into the fish.
- Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Remove the salt and sugar mixture and rinse under cold water. Dry with paper towel.
- Store up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Serve diced and accompanied by potato salad. Alternatively, slice very thinly and dress with lemon juice and olive oil.