- 2 1/4 pounds starchy potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (peeled and halved)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (cut into cubes)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 red chili pepper (cut into rings)
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (a little reserved for garnish, the remainder finely chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tablespoon Pernod Liqueur
- 1 cup low fat milk
- grated nutmeg (pinch freshly)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 mins. Drain and keep warm.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Stir in the vinegar and 2 tbsp flour, then add the parsnips. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Remove the parsnips from the bowl, cut into diagonal slices and cook in the boiling water for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon for 5 mins, turning. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To make the stew, melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 2 mins. Stir in 1 tbsp flour and cook for 1 min. Add the wine, cream and 2 cups water, stirring constantly. Add the peas and simmer for 5 mins, stirring constantly. Add the chili pepper, dill, lemon zest, Pernod, if using, and parsnips. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in the salmon.
- For the mashed potatoes, heat the milk and remaining butter in a saucepan. Add to the potatoes and mash. Season with salt and nutmeg. Spoon onto plates with the salmon stew and garnish with dill.
PER SERVING *
|Calories990Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.