- 2 1/4 pounds starchy potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (peeled and halved)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillets (cut into cubes)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onions (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 red chili peppers (cut into rings)
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (a little reserved for garnish, the remainder finely chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tablespoon Pernod Liqueur
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- grated nutmeg (pinch freshly)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 mins. Drain and keep warm.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Stir in the vinegar and 2 tbsp flour, then add the parsnips. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Remove the parsnips from the bowl, cut into diagonal slices and cook in the boiling water for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon for 5 mins, turning. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To make the stew, melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 2 mins. Stir in 1 tbsp flour and cook for 1 min. Add the wine, cream and 2 cups water, stirring constantly. Add the peas and simmer for 5 mins, stirring constantly. Add the chili pepper, dill, lemon zest, Pernod, if using, and parsnips. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in the salmon.
- For the mashed potatoes, heat the milk and remaining butter in a saucepan. Add to the potatoes and mash. Season with salt and nutmeg. Spoon onto plates with the salmon stew and garnish with dill.
PER SERVING *
|Calories990Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato FrostingSkinnytaste
Salmon and Pea QuichesRecipesPlus
New York Pork Chops with Peaches and Chipotle-Corn Mashed PotatoesPork
Lemon and Caper Salmon With Herbed Potato MashCanadian Living
Hamburger Casserole With Mashed PotatoesThe Spruce
Cheesy Ham and Mashed Potato CasseroleSweet C's Designs
Buttery Mashed Potatoes and HamRecipes 4 Living
Salmon with Wasabi Pea CreamOn dine chez Nanou
Chicken with Leeks and Mashed PotatoesRecipesPlus
Salmon With Creamy Alfredo SauceBertolli
Garlic Parmesan Style Baked Mashed PotatoesPicky Palate
Creamed Salmon and Peas Over LinguiniA Family Feast
Creamed Salmon on ToastAllRecipes
Mashed-Potato-Stuffed ChickenEveryDay with Rachael Ray
Beef-and-Mashed-Potato-Stuffed Peppers with Garlicky Bread CrumbsEveryDay with Rachael Ray
Twice-baked Potatoes With HamHellmann's
Salmon in Cream Sauce over PastaCDKitchen
Salmon and Pea SpaghettiEat Smarter
Salmon, Pea and Cream FettuccineRecipesPlus
Chicken in Mushroom Sauce with Herby Mashed PotatoesRecipesPlus