Salmon en CrouteEl invitado de invierno
Salmon en Croute simply means, salmon in a pastry crust. Made with a homemade pastry crust and stuffed with a creamy mascarpone, watercress, arugula, and salmon filling, this Salmon en Croute makes a savory addition to any brunch, lunch, or dinner. Baked for 30 minutes the crust has just the right amount of crunch that pairs perfectly with the creamy salmon filling. You can add a bit of fresh lemon juice to the salmon before combining it with the other filling ingredients for added flavor.
- 280 grams flour
- 125 grams butter (cold and diced)
- 100 grams cold water
- 150 grams mascarpone
- 40 grams watercress
- 40 grams arugula
- 40 grams spinach
- 500 grams salmon fillets (skinless)
- 1 medium eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a large bowl, add the flour and butter. Using your hands, disintegrate the butter and mix with the flour for a grainy texture.
- 3Add the salt and water.
- 4Knead until smooth and shape into a ball.
- 5Using a rolling pin stretch the dough until it is 1 centimeter thick.
- 6Place on a tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 7In the food processor, mix the Mascarpone cheese, watercress, arugula, and spinach to make a paste.
- 8Stretch the dough until it is thin and place the salmon fillet on top of one side of the dough. Season with salt and spread the cheese paste on top.
- 9Close the dough and seal the borders with water and press down using a fork.
- 10Score the surface of the dough to let the steam come out.
- 11Beat the egg and brush the surface of the dough.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories860Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.