Salmon and Sweet Potato PillowsAnanás e Hortelã
Salmon cakes are traditionally prepared with russet or other white potatoes in the batter, but here sweet potatoes are used instead, for a change of pace in flavor and also hue. Making the cakes is a simple process, with the grated cooked sweet potatoes, cubed fresh salmon, and herbs being bound by egg yolk, then formed into patties and dredged in flour before baking (rather than frying, which is the norm) until they become crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- 300 grams sweet potatoes
- 300 grams fresh salmon
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 olive oil
- 1Peel the sweet potato. Place in a pot of boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes. Remove and grate.
- 2Combine the grated potato, egg yolk, salmon (diced), lime juice and zest, chives and parsley.
- 3Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Make small balls with the dough and roll in flour.
- 5Place on a greased baking sheet with a little olive oil. Bake at 400ºF until golden brown.
- 6Serve as an appetizer or accompanying a salad.
- 7Note: Can also be cooked in a frying pan in a little oil until browned on both sides.