Featured at your brunch or on your dinner table, this salmon and spinach pie is creamy and perfectly seasoned. Made with a shortcrust pastry, each slice will crumble and melt in your mouth. Best served hot.
- 400 grams frozen spinach
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 onions (medium)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 salmon (big slice)
- 50 grams pitted black olives
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 5 eggs
- pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 cream (pack Parmalat's 3 cheeses, or similar)
- 1 plain yogurt
- In a pot of boiling water seasoned with salt, add the frozen spinach. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and place the spinach in a colander to drain. Set aside.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. When it starts to heat up, add a drizzle of olive oil, and the salmon. Season with salt and lemon juice. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat. Cut the salmon into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place the skillet back on the stove with a little olive oil, and add onion and garlic cloves. When they start to brown, add the well-drained spinach. Rectify the amount of olive oil, mix well, and add the salmon and olives. Let simmer for a few minutes to flavor.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough, spread in a cake pan, and prick the bottom with a fork. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the eggs seasoned with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cream and yogurt, and beat again.
- Spread the salmon and spinach on top of the dough. Cover with the egg mixture taking care to cover the entire surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a tomato and onion salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.