- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (finely)
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless salmon fillet (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 sheets no boil lasagne noodles
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in the flour with a whisk. Cook and stir for 1 min then gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins until thickened. Stir in 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and the lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the salmon slices with the remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice and season lightly. Place the thawed spinach in a sieve over a bowl and press to remove the excess liquid. Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 mins. Add the garlic and spinach and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the nutmeg and season to taste.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of the sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish. Top with 2 sheets of pasta then 1/2 of the spinach and 1/2 of the salmon slices. Repeat the layers once more. Top with the remaining 2 sheets pasta, the remaining sauce then the mozzarella slices. Bake for 45-50 mins until the top is golden and bubbling.
PER SERVING *
|Calories720Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.