- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggplants (long, thin, trimmed, sliced lengthways)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (finely chopped, plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 salmon steaks (each cut into 3 strips)
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan on high. Cook eggplant in batches for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden, adding remaining oil if necessary. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut cream, lime leaves and curry paste in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salmon and cook in batches for 1 minute each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add eggplant to sauce and simmer for 2 minutes, until heated through. Spoon eggplant and sauce over salmon. Top with extra lime leaves and serve.