Couscous is the anchor to this weeknight meal in a bowl, which can be ready in less than 30 minutes and calls for only six ingredients. Rather than following the package instructions, use this method to prepare the couscous: Put it in a bowl, pour boiling water over, cover the bowl, and let soak for three minutes, then fluff up the pasta with a fork. Here the couscous is served wtih blanched broccoli and pan in a dinner "bowl."
- 180 grams couscous
- 180 grams water
- 200 grams broccoli
- olive oil
- 2 salmon (small or medium filets)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe salad)
- lemon juice
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the salmon fillets, season with salt and lemon juice and cook until well browned on both sides.
- When ready, remove from the heat. Remove the skin and flake the fish.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Place the couscous in a serving bowl.
- Pour 180 grams of the boiling water over the couscous, cover and let sit for 3 minutes. Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Use the remaining water to cook the broccoli. Do not overcook. Once cooked, immediately drain the broccoli and let cool.
- Mix the salmon and broccoli with the couscous. When completely cool, add the chopped tomatoes. When serving, sprinkle with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Mix and serve.