Salmon and Chickpea StewHoje para Jantar
Chickpeas are commonly incorporated into stews, adding their own brand of nuttiness and chewy contrast, plus extra satisfying heft. Here it's combined with salmon that's been grilled and then shredded and the usual herbs and spices, and is topped with hard boiled eggs cut into wedges when serving. It's remarkably fast, taking a mere five minutes to allow the flavors to meld, meaning you can make it any day of the week.
- 1 piece salmon
- 200 milliliters olive oil
- 1 onions (large, minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 grams chickpeas
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 parsley sprigs (chopped)
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1Grill salmon in a non-stick skillet.
- 2Remove salmon and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in the skillet.
- 4Add onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- 5Sauté briefly until onion is soft.
- 6Shred salmon and add to stew.
- 7Add chickpeas and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 8Mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9To serve, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with quartered boiled eggs.