Chickpeas are commonly incorporated into stews, adding their own brand of nuttiness and chewy contrast, plus extra satisfying heft. Here it's combined with salmon that's been grilled and then shredded and the usual herbs and spices, and is topped with hard boiled eggs cut into wedges when serving. It's remarkably fast, taking a mere five minutes to allow the flavors to meld, meaning you can make it any day of the week.
- 1 piece salmon
- 200 milliliters olive oil
- 1 onions (large, minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 grams chickpeas
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 parsley sprigs (chopped)
- 3 boiled eggs
- Grill salmon in a non-stick skillet.
- Remove salmon and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Sauté briefly until onion is soft.
- Shred salmon and add to stew.
- Add chickpeas and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with quartered boiled eggs.