Rooibos tea is a wonderfully floral herbal tea from Africa that is not only delicious for drinking but in cooking. Here it is used to infuse salmon with flavor. In fact, you can apply this seasoning trick for other teas and proteins, sprinkling the…
leaves just as you would herbs and spices. The salmon is simply seared in a pan (cook to your desired degree of doneness) and served over a bed of stir-fried broccoli, green beans, bell pepper, and carrots.
- 2 salmon fillets (175 g. each)
- 1 teaspoon tea (rooibos)
- 100 grams green beans
- 100 grams red pepper
- 100 grams broccoli rosettes
- 50 grams shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- white pepper
- 1 lemon
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and the rooibos tea.
- Sit a few minutes for it to absorb the seasonings.
- Bake the broccoli rosettes and green beans (cut into diagonal pieces with the ends already removed) lightly in salt water.