This is "Neptune's version' of beef Wellington. Linda's version original by Chef Jean Claude LeLan of Alexandria, Virginia.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 white wine
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup leeks (julienned, & carrots)
- puff pastry (from frozen food section)
- 3 tablespoons shallots
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Sauté onions in about 1 tablespoon butter until translucent. Add wine. Season with thyme, salt & pepper to taste. Lower heat and add 1/4 cup half & half, cooking until thickened. Set aside. Julianne leeks & carrots.
- Lay out puff pastry just a little larger than salmon fillet , place fillet in center. Cover with 1/4 onion mixture and 1/4 julienned vegetables. Cover with puff pastry pressing sides closed. Repeat with remaining filets.
- Saute shallots in about 1 tablespoon butter. Add champagne and vinegar, reduce to almost dry. Lower heat and add 1/4 cup half & half, salt & pepper and dash of lemon. Cook until thickened. Set aside.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook 20 minutes until pastry is puffed and a deep rich brown.
- Place cooked salmon on plate and ladle champagne sauce around sides. Do not make pastry soggy by putting sauce on top.
|Calories390Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.