You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Salmon Tartar and Grilled Vegetable Timbales. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 100 grams fresh salmon
- 50 grams grilled pepper
- 50 grams grilled eggplant
- 1/2 chive
- mustard seeds
- soy sauce
- olive (extra virgin)
- Dice salmon, eggplant, pepper, and chive.
- Place salmon, eggplant, and pepper in separate bowls and add a little chive, salt, and pepper to each one.
- Add a splash of olive oil to eggplant and peppers.
- Add mustard seeds, soy sauce and Wasabi to taste to salmon.
- Use a pastry ring to form timbales.
- For each timbale, stack a layer of pepper, a layer of salmon, a layer of eggplant, and a final layer of salmon.
- Serve with toasted bread or salad, if desired.