- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet (cut into cubes)
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, 2 finely diced, 1 chopped)
- 1 bulb fennel (about 1/2 lb, green parts cut off and set aside, white part thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 14 ounces tomatoes (cans)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon bouillon powder (vegetable)
- 2 ounces flat leaf parsley leaves (fresh, stripped from stems)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- For the stew, heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan and cook the salmon until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Add the onion, diced garlic and fennel slices to the pan and sauté until softened. Stir in the tomato purée and sauté for 1 more min. Add the tomatoes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, then add the bay leaf, stock and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, stir in the bouillon and simmer over low heat for 8 mins. Add the salmon and simmer for 2 more mins.
- For the garnish, place the parsley, fennel greens, Parmesan, lemon zest, remaining garlic and remaining oil in a food processor. Season with salt and black pepper and blend.
- Season the soup with salt, black pepper and lemon juice, to taste. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the parsley salad.
|Calories450Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.