Let this Salmon Ravioli with a Hint of Orange satisfy your craving for creamy pasta. Homemade ravioli has never been quite so simple, or delicious! Stuffed with a creamy salmon, orange, and chive filling, these raviolis are made from a homemade flour and egg pasta dough. You will need a pasta machine to achieve the desired thinness. Cook time for the raviolis is 4 to 5 minutes depending on thickness. Serve with melted butter and herbs or a creamy white sauce.
- 200 grams flour
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 125 grams salmon fillet (boneless, diced)
- 1 egg (small)
- 1 tablespoon chive (chopped, for the filling and garnish)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 orange
- Mix together the flour and eggs to form a soft, smooth dough that does not stick to the hands.
- Cover and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling into a food blender and mix well into a paste.
- Divide the dough in half and pass through the pasta machine.
- Take one sheet of pasta and place a spoonful of filling at well spaced intervals onto the pasta, enough to form raviolis.
- Moisten around each portion of filling with water and then cover with the remaining sheet of pasta.
- Press down around each little mound and allow the air to escape.
- Cut out the raviolis with a pasta cutter or knife.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Cook the raviolis in boiling salted water for 4–5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pasta.
- Serve with butter, a pinch of pepper and chive, or a parmesan cream sauce.
|Calories670Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.