The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Salmon Fillet with Citrus Butter and Maple Syrup. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Salmon Fillet with Citrus Butter and Maple Syrup recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 240 grams white rice
- 2 grapefruits (pink, 1 to juice, 1 for the peel)
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 centimeters fresh ginger
- 40 grams butter
- 680 grams salmon fillets (skinless)
- ground black pepper
- fresh dill (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Supreme 1 grapefruit by cutting off each end of the fruit and peeling it open without leaving any white skin. Remove the skin quarter by quarter, passing the blade of the knife between each quarter (it's important to have a small sharp knife). Keep peeling to garnish serving plate. Remove seeds.
- Squeeze an orange and a grapefruit. Pour the juice into a small saucepan with maple syrup and grated ginger.
- Heat the mixture, bring it to boil, then reduce to medium heat until the sauce reduces by half and becomes syrupy (7-10 minutes).
- When the sauce has a thick consistency, add the butter. Set aside.
- Place the salmon steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice. Set aside.
- To serve, mold rice in a small bowl, add the salmon, grapefruit supremes, and top with sauce. Add fresh dill to decorate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.