- meat (MIXTURE)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cube beef bouillon (Crumbed, or Powdered Beef Base)
- 4 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 whole onion (Halved And Thinly Sliced, or Diced If You Prefer)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 dashes worcestershire (additional)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (additional)
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (optional)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (Mixed With A Little Beef Broth To Make A Thin Paste)
- broth (More, If Needed For Thinning)
- mashed potatoes (For Serving)
- peas (Buttered, For Serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (For Frying)
- 1 tablespoon butter (For Frying)
- 5 pounds russet (Or Yukon Gold Potatoes)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 cup half and half (to 3/4 Cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (to 1 Teaspoon Lawry's)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (to 1 Teaspoon)
PER SERVING *
|Calories1000Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tara DiLenge 14 days ago
This is a wonderful recipe! The Salisbury steak was delicious and easy to make. Will definitely make again!
thepounder1 20 days ago
turned out great following the recipe as stated. very flavorful and perfect with some roasted potatoes. thanks!
Nichole 23 days ago
family loved it, it was yummy and would make it again.
Dupin 22 Aug
It was good! The family loved it!
Gigi 12 Aug
Wow! By far, the best version of this dish ever!
Rhea C. 19 Jun
love this recipe. One of my family's favorites.
Sarah 26 Mar
Super simple and tasty. Another family hit from Ree
Lee Ann 28 Dec 2017
Perfect!! Ever one loved it!
Barbara G. 17 Dec 2017
Yummy - made many times - hubby loves it
Monica D. 30 Mar 2016
This recipe is going in my recipe book. I don't review recipes often, so you know when i do, that the recipe has to be good. I absolutely love this Salisbury Steak, it is so so good. I shared it with family and friends and they think it is the best Salisbury Steak that they have had as well. I didn't change a thing. The Pioneer Woman says it is optional to use seasoning sauce and cornstarch, I used both I felt that it made it richer and thickened the sauce. If I didn't use these two optional items I think the base or gravy would have been too watery for my likening. Try it you won't be disappointed.