When you want a quick and easy recipe for an appetizer that everyone will love, you know you need something that will tantalize their taste buds. This recipe for Salami and Camembert Pizza is creamy and dreamy. It is packed with flavor and the texture of the ingredients create the creamy texture. These little snacks are perfect for any holiday party, special occasion, backyard barbecue, or family gathering. We hope you love these mouthwatering morsels as much as we do.
- 400 milliliters water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 700 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- mozzarella cheese (grated, to taste)
- camembert (sliced, to taste)
- sliced salami
- 1/2 onions (and 1 garlic clove, finely chopped)
- oregano (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes (fresh ripe, peeled, cored and diced)
- For the dough, place all dough ingredients in a food processor, starting with liquids.
- Select the dough setting from menu and process until smooth.
- If mixing by hand, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled in volume.
- For the tomato sauce, chop onion and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomato.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- If needed, process sauce in a blender until smooth.
- On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out dough into a thin layer, about 3 mm (approximately 1/8 inch) thick.
- Cut out a circle and place on baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Prick several times with a fork and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Place a ladle of sauce in the center of the pizza and spread evenly over dough with a brush.
- Leave an edge, about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch) around outer edge.
- Place remaining ingredients on top of sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese, salami slices, sliced Camembert and a second layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano, to taste.