There are countless ways to use frozen puff pastry dough into delicious hors d'oeuvres, using very little else and in a very short time. Here, the pastry dough is cut into squares, stuffed with salami (or other cured meats) and parmesan cheese (or other cheese), and folded up into a neat package. Brushing the dough with an egg wash is essential to achieving the desired golden brown crust during baking.
- puff pastry (ready-made)
- salami (cured)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the pastry sheet into squares.
- Spread with cheese and salami. Cover with another piece of puff pastry and seal the edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm.