In this spin on Nicoise salad, the classic composed salad of Provence, the usual components -- canned tuna, olives, tomato, and boiled eggs -- are tossed with pasta instead of being arranged on a platter, with crab sticks and corn also unexpected additions. What's great about this pasta salad is that you can assemble it and then serve it later, when all the flavors will have had a chance to meld.
- 3 cans drained tuna
- 1/2 package crab sticks (thawed)
- 1/3 bottle pitted olives (quartered)
- 1 small tomato (large or 2)
- 1 can corn
- 2/3 box pasta (about 350 grams)
- 2 boiled eggs
- Heat two pots of water. Cook the eggs in one pot. Salt the water in the second pot, bring to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, place the tuna, diced tomato, corn (rinsed and drained), olives and sliced crab sticks. Place the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water to halt cooking. Add to the tuna mixture and stir to combine. Peel and slice the eggs and place on top. Serve.