Make your own clams at home with this incredible recipe for Sailor's Clams. Sauteed onions and garlic add a burst of flavor to the white wine sauce seasoned with bay leaf. Steamed in the white wine sauce, the clams are tender and flavorful. The clam…
only need about 3 or 4 minutes to steam. This seafood entree is ready in just 40 minutes. Best served with your favorite bread to dip in the excess sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 glass white wine
- 1/2 glass water
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ground black pepper
- 1 kilogram clams
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine, parsley, and cayenne pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes until the alcohol evaporates. Add water, if needed. Add bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the clams and cover to steam them, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve warm with bread.