- 1 pound beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (2 to 3 for searing meat and the rest for sauteing vegetables)
- 1 red pepper
- 8 carrot sticks (large)
- 1 onion (large)
- 2 pinches salt (and pepper, or to taste)
- 14 ounces beef stock (homemade or canned)
- 1 cup beer (Budweiser or your choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese (Fresh, for grating on top)
- beef short ribs
- cheese tortellini
- beer (cooking with)
- fresh herbs (cooking with)
- homemade beef stock
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a heavy Dutch oven or soup pan over medium high heat.
- Coat beef short ribs with flour on all sides.
- Sear on all sides until browned.