- 1/4 cup onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cucumber (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 8 loin lamb chops (small, about 2 oz. each)
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- Place all Raita ingredients in blender. Pulse on setting 2 (chop) 10-12 times until finely chopped but not pureed. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine saffron, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub into lamb chops and let sit at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet over medium - high heat. Working in batches, sear lamb chops 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to plate and cover while cooking remaining lamb chops.
- Serve immediately with Raita.