Made with coconut milk, this Saffron Cake with Coconut Milk is a great dairy free dessert option. Lightly flavored with rum and saffron, this Saffron Cake with Coconut Milk is made with a blend of coconut and all purpose flours. This cake is topped with a rich coconut milk icing for a decadent dessert everyone will love. Bake time for this beautiful bundt cake is 35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool before icing and let the icing set before serving.
- 2 eggs
- 130 grams granulated sugar
- 70 grams vegetable oil
- 250 grams flour
- 50 grams coconut flour
- 150 grams coconut milk
- 1 packet saffron
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the coconut milk briefly and add the saffron.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Add the vegetable oil, then gradually add the two types of flour alternating with the coconut milk and continue mixing.
- Last, add the sifted baking powder and the rum.
- Butter and flour a cake pan or line it with wax paper, then add the batter.
- Bake the cake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- To prepare the icing, place the powdered sugar in a bowl and add the coconut milk, stir until the icing is thick.
- Pour the icing over the cake and let it set before serving.
|Calories860Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.