Dark chocolate that will carry you away. What this German Cake lacks by skipping the coconut, it delivers in creamy richness. It’s loaded with dark chocolate, sugar, butter, and even some brandy to enhance the flavor.
- 4 eggs
- 40 grams sugar
- 80 grams dark chocolate
- 80 grams flour
- 80 grams almonds (ground)
- 70 grams butter
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- orange marmalade
- 1 cup water
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 dash brandy
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 50 grams butter
- Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius.
- Beat the whites with the 40 grams of sugar to form peaks and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler, remove from heat, and beat in the eggs one by one along with the rest of the sugar.
- Sift the flour and yeast and gently mix into the chocolate mixture. Add the almonds and then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan. Bake 30 minutes, remove from pan, and cool on a baking rack.
- Mix the water, sugar, and brandy together in a saucepan and heat until a syrup is formed. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the cake into two layers horizontally, sprinkle liberally with the syrup, and spread with the marmalade.
- Make the glaze by placing the cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat when it begins to boil and add the chocolate and butter. Stir until completely melted and homogeneous. Pour over the cake and allow to harden before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1250Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.