- 1 sweet potato (large)
- 1 can chickpeas (unsalted)
- 1 red onion (small, sliced)
- 3/4 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup rennet (free mozzarella cheese, grated)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mandolin knife or a regular knife, slice the sweet potato into thin slices. This will ensure that the sweet potato forms a crisp. Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and place them on the lined baking sheets. Transfer the sweet potatoes to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, flipping once.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sautee onions. Mushrooms chickpeas and a dash of salt and pepper for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When ready, remove sweet potato from the oven and set your oven settings to broil. Lightly grease 2 mini cast iron skillet pans and layer with sweet potatoes, sautéed onions, mushrooms and grated mozzarella cheese. transfer the mini skillets to the oven and bake for 3 minutes, until the cheese sets.
- When ready, top with toppings of choice and serve.