- 6 green peppers (large, or 8 medium, tops removed, seeded, Save the tops to add to stuffing)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (You could use ground turkey, too)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I used the minced garlic that comes in a jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 ounces green chilis (drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (drain and save the juice)
- 1/2 cup minute rice (can use regular rice but need to cook it first if you do)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce (Optional, I don’t use this with mine)
- cheese (for tops of peppers, about 1/2 cup shredded, I used cheddar, you can use whatever you like)
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Angela Martin W. 10 Dec 2017
Very easy and it was quicker to get them in the oven than I thought it would be. The beef mixture smelled amazing as I was cooking it. We used fire roasted diced tomatoes and they turned out great.
jeffrey c. 7 Aug 2017
Turned out great did not used tomato sauce one thing I'll do differently, add some cheese inside bottom of peppers prior o filling and baking just s family preference
Vanessa Rodgers 21 Feb 2017
It was ok... Maybe I messed up on a couple of things or something they were not near as good as they looked on the pictures. Hate to be the bad reviewer but... beware it probably wont come out as good as you think.
P. 4 Dec 2016
Really enjoyed this recipe. the only modification was that we omitted the chilies as none of our local grocery stores carried them. i added red pepper flakes to give it some heat.
Kathy B. 19 Sep 2016
I did put the tomato sauce over the peppers & mixed cheddar & Parmesan cheese for the top. I would make this again. Tasty!