There are so many ways to incorporate unexpected flavors into bread, especially if you have a machine that does all (or most) of the work. Here, brewed coffee is added to the dough for rye bread along with quinoa, sliced almonds, and sunflower seeds. Your kitchen will smell utterly amazing while the loaf is baking. While it is excellent served at room temperature, and will keep for days, it will be hard to resist helping yourself to a slice once it comes out the oven.
- 275 milliliters water
- 2 tablespoons coffee (Delta Brazil)
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 100 grams flour
- 150 grams rye flour (whole)
- 50 grams quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast (Fermipan)
- 70 grams sliced almonds
- 30 grams sunflower seeds
- Prepare the coffee and strain it if you don't use a coffee maker.
- Let it cool until lukewarm and pour in the water.
- Confirm that it is 275 ml. and if it's necessary add a little water.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the sunflower seeds and the almonds.
- Select the whole bread program and when you hear the beep, add the seeds.
- When the program ends, remove the bread from the bowl and let it cool over a net.
- Try cutting the first slice while it's warm and enjoy with a piece of butter melted by its heat!