Made with a mixture of rye and spelt flour, these Rye and Yogurt Bread Rolls are the perfect accompaniment for your dinner tonight. Made with plain yogurt and honey, these rolls have a lovely moist texture and a slightly sweet flavor. Allow the dough to rise until it doubles in size before shaping and allow the dough to rise again after shaping before you bake the rolls. Spray the oven with water before you put the buns in to bake to create a little steam. This will ensure that the rolls have a lovely crust.
- 300 grams spelt flour (white)
- 300 grams rye flour (white)
- 210 grams plain yogurt
- 220 grams water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 grams fresh yeast
- vegetable oil
- poppy seeds
- In a bowl, mix the flours. Add the yogurt, water, and honey. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the yeast and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil. Place the dough inside and cover. Let it rise until it doubles its volume.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Place the dough on a flat surface. Knead slightly and roll into a cylinder.
- Divide into 12 portions, shape each one into a bun.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Cover and let them rest to double their size.
- Spray the surface of the buns with water and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven and spray the oven with water.After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 180 C and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown. The temperature of the rolls should be 90 to 92 C.
- Let the rolls cool in a cooling rack.
|Calories130Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.