Rye flour lends a welcome and distinctive sour taste to this wheat bread, which is mixed, kneaded, and even baked in a bread machine, in just about an hour. It's also enhanced with diced dried chorizo as soon as the baking cycle of the machine begins, for a wonderful savory flavor that would be terrific with a wedge of manchego cheese. As soon as you take the bread out of the machine, sprinkle with dried oregano and let cool (if you can wait) before slicing.
- 400 milliliters warm water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 350 grams wheat flour (type T65)
- 175 grams rye flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 sausages (chourico, smoked pork meat, chopped into small cubes)
- dried oregano
- In the bread machine bowl, add water, oil, wheat flour, rye flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Select 750 gram bread and Quick Bread program.
- Add sausage before the bread starts baking or add sausage when machine beeps (and sausage will be distributed throughout interior of bread). Bread will take about 1 hour, depending on the machine.
- After the program is finished, remove bread and let cool on a baking rack.
- Sprinkle bread with oregano immediately after removing from pan.