Rustic Root Vegetable MashKitchenAid
- 2 parsnips (medium, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 medium carrot (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 turnips (medium, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Place parsnips and carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt and bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add turnips and continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain well.
- 3Attach KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl and beater to stand mixer. Set heat to 220°F. Once preheated, add butter, cream and sherry and allow mixture to heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter is melted. Turn mixer to Stir speed and blend well, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- 4Reduce bowl heat to 165°F. Add hot cooked vegetables. Turn mixer to speed 2 and mix for 1 to 2 minutes, or until all vegetables are broken up. Exchange beater for wire whip. Add garam masala, salt and pepper. Turn to medium and whip for 2 to 3 minutes, some larger chunks will remain. Serve immediately or keep warm in bowl.