Potatoes are a palate pleasing perfect side dish for any hearty meal. This recipe for Rustic Oven Fries with Barbecue Sauce by Christophe Michalak will win everyone’s hearts. Serve this at your next party or backyard barbecue for a sensational side. It takes 70 minutes to prepare this recipe with four servings. So remember to plan accordingly for more servings. The sweet and savory sauce is both aromatic and decadent.
- 1 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 4 tablespoons worchestershire
- 100 milliliters red wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 250 milliliters chicken broth
- 6 potatoes (large)
- sea salt
- fresh thyme
- Peel the onion and cut into chunks.
- Peel the garlic.
- Peel the red pepper by removing the skin, stem, and seeds. Cut strips of medium size.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the onion. Add the garlic, pepper, honey, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, wine, mustard, and broth. Check seasoning, and add salt if necessary. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix with a blender to obtain a smooth texture.
- Turn the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the potatoes. Dry them.
- Cut into thick fries, keeping the skin on.
- Spread them on a baking tray. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and thyme over the potatoes. Mix well (with your hands) so that the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes depending on the size of your fries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.