Russet Apple and Port Wine JamAs receitas lá de casa
There's apple jelly, and then there's this apple jam that's spiked with port wine, the tawnier the better (or use whatever you happen to have on hand or prefer to sip on its own). A Thermomix makes fast work of the process, but you'll still need to check for the proper consistency (either on a candy thermometer or by placing a drop on a frozen plate, which should immediately set up and hold its shape).
- 650 grams Russet apples
- 500 grams brown sugar
- 1 port wine (chalice)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Peel and core the apples.
- 2Chop the apples and place in a bowl.
- 3Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and let sit for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Pour the entire mixture into the Bimby cup and chop for a few seconds on speed 4.
- 5Then, set to 20 minutes/212°F/speed 2, removing the cup lid and placing the basket upside down.
- 6Check the consistency of the jam.
- 7If necessary, set for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 2, checking often for desired consistency. Do not forget that jams solidify better when cold.
- 8Remove the mixture from the Bimby cup and pour into sterilized jars and cover immediately.
- 9To create a natural seal, turn the jars upside down until the jam cools completely.