This recipe for Rump Steak with Chips and Poached Egg is a meal that will stick to your bones. It takes only 35 minutes to prepare this decadent, robust dinner option. This succulent recipe combines rump beef steak with sensational spices for a divine dish that the family will love. This complete meal is perfect for a hearty Sunday dinner. We know you and your family will love it. Why not get the ingredients today?
- chili powder (Sweet)
- olive oil (for frying and seasoning)
- dried parsley
- coarse salt
- beef steaks (rump)
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- 1 steak
- white wine vinegar
- lemon wedges (to garnish)
- Cut the potatoes into slices with a mandoline or other manual grater.
- Wash and dry all the slices well with paper towels, or a kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle with paprika powder, and stir so that all the slices are covered.
- Fry the potatoes in hot olive oil (take note that it splashes more than cooking oil, and the temperature should be lower than cooking oil), and drain on paper towels.
- While potatoes are still warm, sprinkle with dried parsley and salt.
- While frying the potatoes, turn on the oven to broil.
- Season the steaks with salt, ground pepper, unpeeled pressed garlic, and grease lightly with olive oil on both sides.
- Broil until the steaks are branded by the grill (over cooked makes the meat tough).
- Heat a small saucepan with water. When water begins to boil, add a little vinegar, and with a spoon swirl the water in a clockwise direction to make a kind of whirlwind. Add the eggs (one at a time), and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with lemon wedges