I bet you have never had rum and raisin ice cream! It’s amazing! This adult ice cream combines the savory chewy components of raisins with the sharp taste of rum. Sugar, milk powder, cream, and egg are added to the mix for a very delicate smooth ice…
cream that remains easy to scoop even after being frozen. Each spoonful with melt away with a sweet and savory flavor, leaving behind the hint of bitter rum.
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 40 grams raisins
- 125 grams sugar
- 35 grams milk powder
- whole milk (35 cl.)
- 1 egg yolk
- 110 grams whipping cream
- Soak the raisins in the rum for a few hours or the day before.
- For the thermomix or food processor, use the flexible beater and the splash guard lid.
- Put the sugar and milk powder in the bowl. Mix for 2 minutes at speed 3.
- Gradually, pour the milk into the mixture on speed 3.
- Add the egg yolk and the whipping cream.
- Put it in the ice cream maker for about 15 minutes, then add the rum and raisin mixture and run for 5 more minutes more at speed 3.
- Place in the freezer.