Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, BriocheChloé Delice
If your Christmas list includes making the best treats your family would run down the stairs for, then these Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Brioche are perfect for a family moment. With chocolate chips and a dreamy creamy icing, how can you go wrong? These cute confections are perfect for a family holiday party. Why not get the kids involved and let them decorate them? We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 250 grams flour (half T45, half T55)
- 150 grams eggs
- 30 grams sugar
- 3 grams salt
- 10 grams fresh yeast
- 115 grams butter (softened)
- sugar (grains)
- chocolate chips
- 1 eggs
- powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- 1Pour the sifted flour into the bowl of a food processor. Add sugar, salt, and fresh, crumbled yeast.
- 2Add the eggs, and mix at medium speed for 10 minutes using the food processor's dough blade.
- 3Add the softened butter all at once and continue to mix with the dough blade for about 5 minutes. Stop, scrape the sides of the bowl and bring the dough to the center. Continue to mix for 5 minutes. The dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- 4When ready, let the dough rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- 5Punch down the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6Deflate the dough and cut into eight 55 gram pieces and eight 10 gram pieces.
- 7Fashion your little Rudolphs, making oval balls, 55 gram pieces, for the heads, and 10 gram pieces for a small nose and two horns each.
- 8To assemble, cut the reindeer antlers with scissors. The nose will be attached after being cooked.
- 9Place chocolate chip eyes on each Rudolph and sugar grains on the antlers.
- 10Glaze with the egg.
- 11Let rest from 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature.
- 12Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 13Glaze again and bake for 15 minutes (depending on the oven, so monitor closely)
- 14Once cooled, prepare the red icing.
- 15Beat a small amount of egg white with powdered sugar (it takes very little egg white, consistency should be quite thick) add the red food coloring and stir.
- 16Dip the noses in the red frosting, and let dry on a rack.
- 17Once dry, glue them to the heads with remaining frosting.