Rubbed and Grilled Pork LoinPork
Chris Lilly from Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q in Decatur, Alabama creates an easy grilled roast. Great to serve for your summer parties. Serve with traditional side dishes like potato salad, coleslaw and cold watermelon.
- 5 pounds New York pork roast (boneless)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1Place boneless pork loin on large cutting board or platter; brush oil over all sides. Set aside. Meanwhile, stir together dry rub seasoning. Rub over pork to cover. Prepare charcoal grill to cook over direct and indirect heat. Place pork loin over medium-hot coals (direct heat) or on medium-hot (about 400 degrees F.) gas grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side to brown. Move pork to area on grill over indirect heat. Cook, covered for 70-90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest 10 minutes.
- 2On gas grill, move pork to one side of grill; turn off the gas directly under the pork. Leave the rest of the grill on medium heat. Cook, covered for 70 to 90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes.
- 3Serve with your favorite sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories10Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.